Korea Electric Terminal Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) puts emphasis on the protection of personal information of its users; has complied with regulations of personal information protection in related legislation to be complied with by business owners such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. and the Personal Information Protection Act; and has put forth best efforts for the protection of the rights of its users by prescribing the personal information processing policy based on related legislation.
The Company thus informs through the personal information processing policy how such information is used, for which purposes and by which methods, and what kinds of measures have been taken for the protection of personal information, and the personal information processing policy shall be established and announced as follows in order to process related problems promptly and properly.
This policy is implemented as of Jul. 30, 2019.
- Article 1 (Personal information items and collection method)
- Article 2 (Period of use and destroying of personal information)
- Article 3 (Provision of personal information and sharing)
- Article 4 (Handling consignment of collected personal information)
- Article 5 (User and legal representative rights and obligations and their methods of exercise)
- Article 6 (Person responsible for personal information protection)
- Article 7 (Purpose of automatic collection of personal information and matters regarding its refusal)
- Article 8 (Safety measures to secure the protection of personal information)
- Article 9 (Notice in accordance with the alteration of personal information processing policy)
The Company collects personal information with the following methods to the minimum extent possible for inquiries related to recruitment as well as the provision of various and convenient services to the user such as product information, after-sales service, etc.
1) Personal information items to be collected
Purpose of collection Essential items collected Optional items collected Product inquiries, recruitment inquiries, etc. Name, e-mail Company name, department, position, contact info
2) Collection methods of personal information
Collection through homepage (Q&A bulletin board)
The Company prepares procedures for the user to select “consent” and “non-consent” on each item of the content form of the Company for the collection and use of personal information or the use agreement, and if “consent” is selected, it shall be deemed that consent for the collection of personal information has been obtained.
The Company shall destroy the relevant information immediately without any exceptions after the purpose for gathering and use of personal information is fulfilled.
|Collection of personal information and purpose of possession
|Records regarding visits to homepage
|1:1 inquiries on homepage, recruitment / product inquiries
1) Destruction procedure and method
Personal information of a user shall be destroyed after the purpose for its collection is achieved and it is moved to a separate database and stored for a certain period in accordance with the cause of information protection (refer to possession and use period) based on internal policy and other related legislation, and said personal information shall not be used for other purposes except possession unless otherwise made necessary by legislation.
Personal information printed out in paper shall be destroyed by shredder or incinerator.
Personal information stored in the form of electronic files shall be deleted with technology that does not allow the recovery of records.
1) Except that there is customer consent or it is made necessary by regulations of related legislation, the Company may not use or provide the personal information of a customer to 3rd party or 3rd party companies / institutions beyond the range notified in Article 3 (“the purpose of personal information collection and use”) hereof under any circumstances. However, in following cases, personal information is used and provided under careful attention.
When rights and obligations of the service provider is completely succeeded or transferred such as sales, takeover, etc., the detailed justifiable causes and procedures shall be notified in advance, and selection rights of the retrieval of consent of personal user information shall be granted.
Besides this, when personal user information is provided or shared, it shall be announced to the user in advance through email or writing, etc. regarding the person to whom such information is provided or shared, the person’s purpose use, personal information items to be provided or shared, fact of rights to refuse consent, disadvantages in accordance with refusal of consent, etc. and the consent of these shall be obtained.
2) In the following cases, the provision of personal information without user consent is possible in accordance with regulations of related legislation.
When there is a request for investigative authority for the purpose of investigation in accordance with procedures and methods prescribed in legislation or caused by regulations of related legislation.
The Company shall not consign the information of a user to an outside company without consent of the user. If there is an occurrence of such need in the future, the subject party of consignment and contents of consignment work shall be notified to the user, and if necessary, prior consent shall be obtained.
The user shall have a right to demand the reading, correction, deletion, and suspension of processing of personal information related to the protection of personal information, and the Company shall process the request without delay upon the request of the user. The execution of rights thereto shall be able to be exercised through writing, telephone, email, fax, etc., and may also be exercised by an agent such as a legal representative, consignee, etc. of the user.
When the user requests the correction or deletion of errors, etc. of personal information, the Company shall not use the relevant personal information until the completion of such corrections or deletion.
The user and legal representative shall have the right to protection of personal information as well as the obligation to protect their own personal information and not to infringe the personal information of others, so that the user and legal representative shall take precautions to prevent any leakage of personal information of the user and legal representative as well as not to damage the personal information of others including online postings. If such an obligation fails to be fulfilled and the personal information of others is infringed upon or damaged, it may be punished in accordance with related legislation.
1) The Company has designated the following persons responsible for personal information protection and related departments as follows in order to protect the personal information of users and to process the complaints and inquiries related to their personal information.
- Person responsible for personal information protection
- Name Cha, Joo-Won (Team Manager)
- Department IT Operation Team
- Tel. +82-32-850-1150
- Email email@example.com
- Person in charge of personal information protection
- Name Choi, Yoon-Jung (Manager)
- Department IT Operation Team
- Tel. +82-32-850-1156
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Customer support center guidance
The Company operates a customer support center to correspond to requests related to the personal information of users.
Business hours: Weekdays: 08:00~17:00
Sundays and holidays: closed.
3) When there is a need to report or to consult regarding other infringements of personal information, please make an inquiry with the following institutions.
Personal information infringement report center (www.118.or.kr / 118)
Authentication Committee of Online Privacy Association (www.eprivacy.or.kr / +82-2-580-0533~4)
High-Tech and Financial Crimes Investigation Division, Supreme Prosecutors' Office (www.spo.go.kr / +82-2-3480-2000)
Cyber Terror Response Center, National Police Agency (www.ctrc.go.kr / +82-2-392-0330)
From time to time, the Company shall use the cookie information that stores and provides user information.
A cookie is a tiny text file sent to the browser of users from the server used for the operation of a web site, and is stored in the computer hard disk of a user.
1) Purpose of using cookies, etc.
It shall be used to improve service by understanding the access frequency or staying time, etc. of a user.
The user has a right to select allowing all cookies, confirming each time a cookie is stored, or to refuse the storage of all cookies by selecting the option via web browser.
Refusal method (in case of Explorer browser): At the top of web browser, tools > Internet options > personal information > advanced > cookie permission configuration
The Company has considered following technical / administrative / physical measures to maintain stability in the handling of personal user information in order to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, falsification, or damage of personal information.
1) The Company stores and manages important personal information under encryption.
2) Measures against hacking, etc.
The Company has put forth best efforts to prevent any leakages or damages of personal information of users by hacking or computer viruses, etc.
In readiness against potential damages to personal information the material has been backed-up from time to time, and the latest version of a vaccine program has been used to prevent the leakage or damage of personal information or materials of users, and it has been made sure that personal information is transmitted through the network safely via encrypted communication, etc.
Furthermore, a firewall system has been used to control against unauthorized access from outside, and all possible technical devices have been taken to secure the security in other ways in the system.
3) Education and minimization of employees with access
The employees of Company related to handling of personal information have been limited to one person in charge, and a separate password for such person has been granted and updated regularly, and personal information is safely managed through the education of the person in charge from time to time.
The work takeover of handlers related to the personal information shall be thoroughly made under secured circumstances, and the responsibility for personal information accidents has been made clear to be after the joining as well as after the resigning from Company.
The computer room and material storage room, etc. have been established as a special protection area to be applied with thorough access control.
This personal information processing policy has been enacted on July 30, 2019, and when there are any additions, deletions, or modifications in the content in accordance with the enactment / amendment of legislation, change of government policy, change of internal company policy, or change of security technology, the cause of alteration and contents, etc. shall be announced through the homepage at least 7 days prior to the amendment.
However, when important matters such as change of provision, collection, and use purpose of personal information to 3rd parties, change of possession period, etc., take place, user consent shall be obtained.
Personal information processing policy version number: V 2.0
Implementation date of personal information processing policy: July 30, 2019